Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Story of Blima by Shirley Russak

“The book that I read that influenced me the most was The Story of Blima. As I was reading this novel, it made me realize how bad the Jewish holocaust really was. And I now know how strong the Jewish people were who survived. It taught me how to learn new things – even if you’ve never tried it; because you never know when you are going to have to use those skills. In the story, the main character, Blima had some help along the way. She got lucky. But the people in the work camps absolutely broke my heart. It just doesn’t seem real that people could actually be so cruel. Then I relate it to today, and with our economy. I realize that we have it easy compared to what happened in the past. That is why the story influenced me so much."
- Meghan

Story of Blima “. . . by the end of this book, I was crying at the thought of how people can be so cruel over a belief . . . " - Patricia

1 comment:

Mahmoud Zaid said...

I think this story has more actions not true, like 6 millions from Jews and about 5 millions from others killed by Hitler!!! How many European people were?