Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Yellow Ribbon

The Yellow Ribbon is a story from a book of stories. It is about a man who had been in prison for quite some time, and he had asked his wife if she would still have him. If she still wanted him, she should tie a yellow ribbon around the old oak tree in their town. To his surprise, there were hundreds of ribbons tied to it upon his return.
The effect this story had on my life is more to benefit my personal feelings. I have been married twelve years to my first love. Throughout this time, we have hit some very rough potholes; but with the amount of love that we have, and the friendships that we share, we have stuck it through – no matter what. In the same way, the wife in this story had always loved her husband, and no matter what the situation, her devotion to this man was strong enough to ask him back into her life again. After reading The Yellow Ribbon, I felt like I was the wife in the story, because my love for my husband is just as strong. Rebecca

No comments: